Monday, December 3, 2012

Back up and writing!

The last few months have been quite busy here at the botanica and Ezili Roots Temple!
We've had several events and feasts including our 10th anniversary celebrating Fet Gede, which began as a small group of workers to what has become an amazing event with lots of old and new friends coming to join us here for a wonderful ritual and feast.  In December I will be having a few events that you won't want to miss out on, November 23 marked the first of a long ahead tradition of Friendsgiving where peeps brought leftover yummies and I cooked Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and Lord I can't even remember what else now, lol, and on December 26th, we are doing it again for friends old and new. As the holidays were approaching this year I reflected on how much I love my family and my friends just as they are a part of my extended family and although we usually come together for solstice and New Years, I wanted to share (and feed them,cause that's what I do... :D) with them the holiday spirit, especially for those who do not have family close in town, or at all. If you know my personality, I am a giver and a Mama who loves to nurture and make a warm cozy home for even my friends. :) Well... come December I'll do it again, day after Christmas, so be sure to let me know if you would like to come join us. :)
In the midst of cooking, holiday shopping, family gatherings, working my TAIL off, wrapping up the last weeks of school before the holiday break for my youngeons, I have received several good reviews on the website and new subscribers to the newsletter (which a few will be coming out shortly this month that post the monthly events here with Ezili Roots and some recipes for the holidays, maybe even a few recipes for some root work ;) ).
Here's a link to sign up for that newsletter : SVC's Newsletter
Here's a link to read the recent reviews of the botanicas services and products : Testamonies
If you have a review of my products and services feel free to write one up on the page!